Author: Great Valley Writing Project
Summary: This Ning, a social website/blog developed and maintained by several teacher leaders from the Grand Valley Writing Project in Central California, focuses on issues related to teaching English Language Learners. Sites and teacher leaders looking to maintain momentum after the conclusion of an institute or other extended PD opportunity would be well served looking at this site to see what is possible.
Know ELLs is a site for dialogue, but it also contains specific strategies for teaching bilingual/bicultural students. It is also a great example of site and program sustainability: the website was created in 2010 as an outgrowth of work with NWP’s English Language Learners Network, yet it remains an active site for NWP teachers from across the country.
Access the Know ELLs Ning.
- A Social Networking Space for Teachers of English Language Learners
- Theory, Politics, Hope, and Action: Building Immersive Writing Experiences for Bilingual Writers
- English Language Learners, Classroom Drama
- Narrative Writing Works Magic with Children Learning English
- We Are All Teachers of English Learners (NWP Radio)
Original Source: Great Valley Writing Project, http://knowells.ning.com/