Summary: The National Writing Project awards Collaborator Badges to educators who have collaborated with others at their Writing Project site to lead efforts that no one educator could complete alone. The guidance criteria for earning the Collaborator Badge are detailed on this page.
What does it mean to be micro-credentialed as a collaborator at the National Writing Project (NWP)? Collaboration is one of the core social practices of National Writing Project teacher-leaders. Award this badge to teacher-consultants who demonstrate sustained contributions to collegial projects, shared professional development, and professional networks.
Connection to Core Principles: Teachers teach and help one another by sharing knowledge, expertise, and opportunities to write in several media for authentic audiences of teachers and learners.
NWP Micro-credential: Collaborator
Someone who earns this badge has had a substantial engagement with educator-to-educator collaboration. They have likely had experiences such as these :
- Demonstrating project management skills in educational projects.
- Participating in professional learning communities (PLCs).
- Regularly contributing to others’ learning through composing, speaking, and other forms
of sharing expertise.
- Maintaining an active educator identity.
- Working synchronously and asynchronously online and face-to-face with others and on