Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about any of the following:
Acceptance of Terms
Licensing of Content
The National Writing Project has adopted a Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 4.0 International license in order to better support creative sharing and distribution of content.
By submitting, uploading, or posting User Content to the Site, you represent and warrant that you have all necessary and appropriate rights in and to such User Content, and you hereby grant NWP the right to use, copy, distribute, disseminate, publish, display, transmit, modify, translate, reformat, and create derivate works of such User Content in any format and any medium, and publish your screen name in connection with your User Content. You acknowledge and agree that User Content submitted by you is not confidential or proprietary and that you are not entitled to receive any compensation for any User Content submitted in connection herewith.
By subscribing to National Writing Project newsletters, you opt-in to receive periodic newsletters from the National Writing Project, and you may unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time.
Use and Restrictions
- access or attempt to access any systems or servers on which the Site is hosted or modify or alter the Site in any way;
- submit, display, or transmit any User Content, or any content via the systems or services on which the Site are hosted, in violation of any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of, or your contractual obligations to, any third party, or in violation of applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- submit, display, transmit or upload any images, photographs, graphics, links, audio files, video files, or similar Content that exceed the National Writing Project’s capacity limits or that you do not own or have the necessary and appropriate rights to submit, display, or transmit;
- submit, display, transmit or upload any spam, duplicative messages, unauthorized promotions or advertisements, surveys, contests, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- forge headers, create a false identity, or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to deceive others or disguise the origin of any Content transmitted to or via the Site;
- use the Site and/or the Services to threaten, defame, abuse, assault, stalk, harass, or otherwise violate the rights of any other person or entity, including, without limitation, rights of privacy or publicity;
- submit, transmit, upload, publish, post, display, or disseminate any profane, obscene, indecent, unlawful, terroristic, violent, or hateful Content;
- offer, sell, broker, purchase, or seek any unethical, profane, obscene, indecent, unlawful, terroristic, violent, or hateful services;
- collect, store, publish, post, sell, transmit, or disclose personal data about other Members or users of the Site unless authorized to do so;
- upload or otherwise transmit files that contain viruses, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code, spyware, adware, sniffers, corrupted files, or similar software or programs; or
- restrict or prevent any other Member or other user of the Site from using the Site and/or the Services;
- frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information of the National Writing Project (including, but not limited to, images, text, page layout, and/or form);
- use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing the National Writing Project’s name or trademarks.
The National Writing Project has no obligation to monitor the Site. However, the National Writing Project reserves the right to review any User Content, and remove, delete, redact, or otherwise modify such User Content, at its sole discretion, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. The National Writing Project has no obligation to display or post any User Content. The National Writing Project reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or User Content that the National Writing Project deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process, or government request.
Any Content, Products, Services, prices, specifications, designs, conditions, or product descriptions offered or posted on the Site are subject to modification or discontinuation at any time and from time to time without notice or obligation to you. Without limiting the foregoing, the National Writing Project reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to charge fees for the use or purchase of, or access to, any Services, Products, or Content offered through the Site, at any time and from time to time, regardless of whether such Services, Products, or Content were previously offered at no charge.
You acknowledge and agree that if you have an account, any user name, login code, identifier or password (each, a “Password”) is confidential information. You must maintain the confidentiality of any Password, and you may not disclose such Password to any other person or entity or permit any other person or entity, whether or not a Member, to access the Site or the Services using such Password. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for any use of and any activities that occur under your username, user ID, login name, and/or Password, including any fees incurred. You agree to notify the National Writing Project immediately of any unauthorized use of any Password or any other breach of security of which you are aware. You may not use any Password that is not issued directly to you or approved by the National Writing Project.
The National Writing Project cannot be responsible for, and disclaims all liability in connection with, the use of any information that you submit, post, or display on the Site. You should use caution when posting any information, including personally identifiable information, to the Site.
Warranties and Disclaimer
Limitation of Liability
If any controversy, dispute, or claim arising out of or related to your use of the Site, the Services or any of the Content arises, the dispute will be resolved exclusively by binding arbitration in accordance with the then-current Commercial Rules of the American Arbitration Association. However, the National Writing Project will have the right to petition any court of competent jurisdiction for the entry of injunctions and orders for specific performance relating to your unauthorized use, modification, copying, distribution, transmission, display, performance, reproduction, publication, license, creation of derivative works, transfer, or sale of the Site, the Products, the Services, the Marks, and/or the Content.